Friday, March 9, 2012

Making Lunches

The most challenging thing for me lately has been simplifying my life.  I have 4 kids in a school that doesn't serve lunch at school.  So, I need to have something on hand to feed them that all four will touch with a ten foot pole.  This is a bigger deal than you might think.  Two of them will eat most things, and One of them will eat next to nothing.  Only White food and stuff that has no veggies or fruit.  Strange dilemma, eh?

So I was brain storming last night and asked my girls to make bread dough.  I got together the leftovers in the fridge and set to work making some roll ups.  Not a calzone, with takes a little more expertise, but a roll up that they could easily do with a little visual help and then they could go to work.  It was a huge, huge hit!!  Yea.  That way I can kill two birds with one stone.  They make it themselves, so they will eat it and not through it out or trade it away or worse, not eat at all.

So, Ham and cheese roll ups, Pepperoni and mozzarella cheese roll ups.  but I also think spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese, or leftover taco stuff would be really yummy.  One child suggested cheesy potatoes but I think that would be carb over kill.  Do any of you have some interesting Ideas?  I think chicken and cream cheese, with onion or mushroom, or olive would be yummy as well.

No comments: