Thursday, March 12, 2009

What is going on...............alot!!!!

Well, It has been a few months since I added anything to my blog. We have been going about ten miles a minute. When my brother and his wife seemed so busy when their kids became teenagers I didn't really understand. Now, I think that if my life is all in the car with them at this age, how will it me a few months or a couple of years from now. I'll just pull a Scarlet O'Hara and think about that tomorrow if you know what I mean.

Lets see, I know that jamie was getting her new braces the last time I checked in and a couple of weeks ago she was getting them off and getting a retainer, but she had an accident and fell on her jaw and pushed all of her teeth and her braces up into the roof of her mouth and had a concussion. It was the worst thing I have ever seen. A few dozen doctors and xrays later we have her under control and we are pleased with the results. I think she has show her faith. She was praying from the minute it happened until we got to the hospital and orthodontist. What a brave little girl. All with nothing for the pain. She puts me to shame.

Jill is going on a choir trip to Disney land in a few weeks and I am so excited for her. She is going to have so much fun. She has never been and she will be singing and performing while she is there. They also have some classes with some professional dancers and singers and choreographers while they are there. It will be such a great time for her. I think that she will be glad she went.

Josh finally finished his first class and got his swimming merit badge. We are so proud of him!!!! He has never had a lesson and he tried so hard to accomplish this. He already has all of his merit badges for star and he just has the six hours of service for that. I have a few Ideas to help him with that. Josh and Jenna have been getting up at four in the morning to clean horse stalls for these show horses and groom them. I think it has been great for them. They trade the work for riding lessons. I thought it would be hard and maybe they would give up, but it is just the opposite, they love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. Josh keeps after me to let him go to Scottsdale for two weeks and groom for his boss for the horse shows. He will be able to go to some but not during school. He is a little ticked about that, but will get over it.

Joy is so funny. She is loving activity days and being a big kid now. She is a little tired of little brother at the moment and he waits by the door for her to get home. It has made for some interesting discussions. I hope she sees how much he looks up to her. Most of the time she is such a good friend. She is super social though and girls are cool and boys have cooties at the moment unless you are one of her crushes of the moment like the Jonas brothers............ Oh brother!!!!!!

Jared is doing great and we love him to pieces. He is so outgoing and makes friends where ever he goes. He can speak really well now and we are so glad he is learning fast and loving school. He is a little sick of being home with just mom though and we are always thinking of ways to entertain and help him pass the time til the clan gets home and caous ensues.

John is really doing well in school and Graduates with his Bachelors Degree on May 2nd and I can't wait to see him get his diploma. I am so proud of him and all his hard work. He is doing well at his Job and He is busy in his calling for the bishop. He throws himself 100 percent into what ever he does and never stops til bed time. He is a servaholic I think sometimes. He doesn't know the word no. But that is what made me love him and become his best friend to begin with. It was his big heart.
Well I hope that catches all Y'all up on whats up with us. Love ya ,

Julie
'

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Yeah! A post! It does sound like you and your family are busy. It sounds like everyone is doing great though. That's good. I am really excited to have Jill and Jenna at camp this year. We are going to have a blast!

Andrea B. said...

Glad to see you post again. And good to hear what was up with the family. Tell John thanks. I appreciate him subbing for me!